Are you a skilled DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer who wants to work with cutting-edge technologies in a dynamic work environment with the freedom to question established processes and develop new cool products and features?
We are searching for such a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer who can support our software engineering teams at Marketing Solutions building our tools such as our Search Engine Marketing Suite (SEMS), Hotel Ads Tool (HAT) which are at the core of our performance marketing campaign management and also Content Marketing (trivago Magazine) and Email Marketing Solutions
If you are such a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer, read on and apply!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Kubernetes clusters both in our own datacenter and in public cloud.
- Designing software and infrastructure systems towards the simplification and reduction of operational overhead.
- Provide infrastructure solutions and PoCs (Proof of Concept) for new projects.
- Enable, coach, and support the software engineers to take end-to-end responsibility to deploy applications fast and reliably on their own following the “you build it, you run it” principle.
- Take care of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions for the microservices.
- Implement and maintain monitoring (including alerting) solutions for our microservices.
- Challenge design, architecture, and documentation of new microservices and features to ensure a high software quality and development speed.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2-3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer.
- Proficient knowledge of Docker and/or container schedulers such as Docker Swarm, Nomad, or Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions.
- Proficient *nix knowledge.
- Good knowledge in one of the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Go, Shell.
- Intrinsic self-motivation and a passion for problem-solving.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies (Terraform, CloudFormation) and modern cloud-based service providers (AWS, GCP)
- Basic knowledge about managing PHP and JVM-based applications.
- A good understanding of SQL databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL) and protocols like HTTP.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
- Experience with Monitoring and related tools such as Prometheus, ELK-Stack and Grafana
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!