Are you an experienced Network Engineer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your career?
We’re looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work with a team of network professionals. In this role you take responsibility for the overall operational health (Security, Availability, Performance and Reliability) of our network infrastructure. You will also design, build and continuously improve our globally network infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability for our product.
If you love tackling new problems, organised and have a keen eye for detail then we have a job for you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Configuring of the network-gear for datacenters and our office (Switches, Firewalls, Routers and VPN concentrators).
- Monitoring and proactive maintenance to prevent shortcomings and bottlenecks.
- Advice and consulting other teams and users on network related topics.
- Proactively resolve and perform root cause analysis for critical issues related to network infrastructure.
- Share your technical know-how with other team members, document your solutions, concepts and approaches for future reference
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years work experience in a similar role
- Solid experience using Juniper routers, switches and firewalls
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP)
- Experience in both IPv4 and IPv6
- Experience in automation using Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. LibreNMS, Zabbix)
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people as well as share knowledge
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience using Aruba Wifi.
- Experience working with Openvpn
- A good understanding of Cloud technologies
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!