Are you a motivated Java engineer with a passion for big data driven applications that are highly scalable and distributed? Do you love learning new technologies?
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Java Engineer to help build and maintain our infrastructure and make our advertisers data accessible within trivago. You’ll join a team of passionate software engineers, QA engineers and product owners and will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. Additionally, you’ll participate in setting up the complete infrastructure for microservices and will manage and monitor their deployments.
We want you to be part of the restart of the travel industry – will you join us?
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the tech platform that will enable more advertisers to access what trivago has to offer.
- Play a leading role and take ownership in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Support in improving our deployment pipelines and monitor their stability.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
Our Technology Stack:
- Spring boot
- Apache Kafka
What you’ll definitely need:
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in Java or at least JVM language.
- Understanding of Java concurrency and safe coding practices.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Knowledge of one of the following services: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Nomad, LinkerD.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following technologies: Redis, Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Prometheus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with other team members.
- Thrive when writing code and building solutions.
What we’d love you to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, data science, mathematics, physics, or similar.
- Experience in designing and maintaining micro service architecture.
- Experience with Apache Kafka and a NoSQL storage (e.g. Redis).
- A good overview of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience working with cloud environments.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!