Our team maintains, develops and improves our internal cloud platform offerings to empower other tech teams to build and run the heart of trivago – our hotel search engine. We are looking for a full-time SRE to help us keep our Kubernetes and Nomad Clusters up-to-date and improve the user experience and feature set to offer the best service possible to our product teams.
We believe in the power and community of Open Source, and our motivation is to tackle operational challenges with a Software Engineering mindset. If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll join a diverse team of people who all bring different skill sets to the table.
We have a lot of ideas on how to move forward and be better than yesterday and we’re looking forward to hearing which initiatives you’ll bring to the team!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Take care of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions for the microservices.
- Implement and maintain an intelligent monitoring, metrics, and alerting system for our services while couching software engineers to take end-to-end responsibility of the reliability of their applications
- Designing software and infrastructure systems towards the simplification and reduction of operational overhead.
- Be part of a fully paid “On-Call” rotation.
- Troubleshoot reasons for malfunctions, support the team members by investigating misbehavior of the application, implement solutions and document them via a transparent and blameless postmortem.
- Take ownership, contribute your ideas and help us to stay one step ahead: you will be encouraged to challenge our current processes and consider what we can do differently while always keeping business priorities and value creation in mind.
Our Technology Stack:
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3-5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer.
- Solid understanding of Linux or UNIX, Docker and/or container schedulers such as Kubernetes or Nomad.
- A good understanding of CI/CD pipelines, gitops methodologies and some experience with related tools, like Github Actions, ArgoCD and Jenkins.
- Experience in writing code for automation.
What we’d love you to have:
- Knowledge of Clouds such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience in being On-Call.
- Experience in working in a cross-functional team with software engineers, technical project managers, and data scientists.
- Being open-minded and the desire to learn about modern application and infrastructure best practices like Monitoring, Networking, Containers, and other Cloud Native areas.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!