In the recent months, we’ve all experienced a significant change in our lives and had to get used to a new reality in both our work and private worlds. Here at trivago, we embrace this change as an opportunity to innovate and adapt to the new circumstances as quickly as we can, so we make sure we meet the evolving expectations of travellers and hoteliers on our platform alike.
As a Product Manager in the Independent Hotels domain, you’ll get to drive initiatives with the highest strategic importance for our Business Studio platform and help hoteliers not just restart their businesses, but to take them to the next level. This means running efficient marketing campaigns on our platform, understanding opportunities for optimisation and building a direct connection to our users. You’ll help us build new features for our campaign management interface, ship new functionality in our backend or create new insights through data visualisations.
Your responsibilities will include the whole product life cycle, from ideation and research to driving development execution and analysing performance for future optimisation. You’ll be working in a small, but dedicated and engaged team of highly skilled professionals that consists of Engineers, Quality Assurance, Data Analysts and UX Researchers.
Curious to know more? Read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Develop a great understanding of our business, users and technology.
- Find, define and validate business opportunities and user problems worth solving.
- Define a clear product strategy and roadmap.
- Develop trustful relationships with stakeholders and ensure smooth cross team communication.
- Create user stories, manage and prioritise the backlog.
- Define and monitor the operational KPIs/OKRs and progress towards our goals.
- Guide a cross-functional team of experienced profiles, experts in their fields, from engineers to experience designers and data analysts.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager.
- Solid analytical capability and experience in working with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills as well as high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Good command of methodologies for engineering requirements (such as user story mapping, Rapid Prototyping etc.).
- Comfortable navigating in Jira and Confluence.
- Structured approach to knowledge sharing and documentation.
- An understanding of how to connect research outputs with the overall product roadmap and business strategy will be highly appreciated.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!