Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic, international work environment and are ready to make an impact at an international Nasdaq-listed company?
To strengthen our finance team, we’re looking for a Technical Accountant to join us at our headquarters in Düsseldorf’s Medienhafen. In this role you will act as a technical accounting expert by researching, analyzing, selecting treatment of, and preparing documentation for accounting topics under US GAAP.
If you’re an excellent communicator, multitasker, and self-starter who is ready to take on a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Draft and review financial statement disclosures for technical accounting topics.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and SEC guidance to ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
- Lead projects with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate accounting for complex transactions and lead implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Support in the preparation of the annual 20-F and quarterly reporting documents.
- Liase with external auditors on technical accounting interpretations and conclusions.
- Create new and review existing accounting policies and make sure that robust documentation and governance processes are in place.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years’ of experience within a publicly-listed company and/or large public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Profound US GAAP accounting theory research and application skills.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex accounting topics to accountants and non-accountants.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to work independently and partner with teams across departments.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics, deliver results, and take the lead on projects.
What we’d love you to have:
- CPA license
- Our company language is English, a strong command of German is advantageous.
- IFRS and German GAAP knowledge
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!