In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we have the opportunity to help drive that change by producing innovative products that will meet users’ new expectations and needs by using our top strengths to our advantage: our ability to adapt quickly and to focus on our users.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive projects with the highest strategic importance for a product that serves millions of travellers. In this role, you’ll be on the front lines of innovation when it comes to defining the future of travel.
As a Senior Product Manager you’ll take responsibility for the whole life cycle of your initiatives: from ideation and research, to driving development and analysing performance for future optimization. You will drive the success of trivago’ s core product by finding and delivering new ways to engage our users.
Curious to know more about how you’ll help shape our product? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a great understanding of our business, users and technology.
- Find, define and validate business opportunities and user problems worth solving.
- Build test plans and, for successful tests, manage the production implementation.
- Help shape trivago’ s app strategy and lead initiatives are in line with that.
- Guide a cross-functional team of experienced profiles, experts in their fields, from engineers to product designers, user researchers and data analysts.
- Work with other product and engineering leaders within the apps team to refine processes and ways of working, as well as our overall technical collaboration, solution design, and delivery quality.
- Many of us like varieties of Scrum and Kanban, lean development methods, rapid assumption testing and dual track agile discovery and delivery. But regardless of the buzzwords, we expect you to work in the style that works best for you and your team. We’ll give you the context, the support and resources you need, but then won’t get in the way of you working on delivering great results for our users.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a product manager for a
- Proactive attitude: You find and evaluate problems to solve, rather than documenting stakeholder requirements.
- Great leadership skills: You have to know what it is that you want to achieve, can inspire others to follow your vision and have the drive to push your ideas through to execution.
- Extensive experience in lean experimentation, AB testing and in understanding user needs using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Transparent and structured project management approach.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!