The most important thing we’ve learned over the past year? Every challenge offers a new opportunity. With the travel industry being disrupted like never before, our mission is to drive the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose: to empower people to get more out of life. We have a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity to shape the future of the travel industry and we want you to be part of it.
Are you an experienced and motivated backend engineer with a passion for technology and eagerness to help maintain our internal software portfolio? Are you interested in working in an agile environment with Financial and Organisational Applications and learning new technologies?
Our FinTech team is looking for a new team member to take part in workflow and design decisions, as well as architecture with the goal of maintaining and scaling our internal organization productivity! If you’re looking for a role in a diverse and fast-paced work environment, you’ve come to the right place!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Work hands on with our Internal Software Portfolio consisting of Financial and Organisational Applications.
- Work in agile environment and interact with other Developers, POs and QA Engineers.
- Develop and maintain applications written in C#/.NET, PHP and node.js.
- Utilise our Azure Environment to work on our Continous Deployment pipelines.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code, while preparing and maintaining all applications utilizing standard development tools.
- Own your codebase: participate in architecture, workﬂow and design decisions and other improvements for maintainability and scalability.
- Keep yourself up to date with new programming languages, trends and/or technologies, and with that knowledge optimise our tech stack, architecture and tools.
Our technology stack:
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 – 3 years working in an agile software engineering role.
- To be open to speaking your mind and collaborating with others regarding software architecture, project risks and product vision.
- Willingness to continually improve both your soft skills and technical skills.
- Excellent understanding of C#/.NET, building RESTful web services, as well as working with Azure.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in migrating legacy applications.
- Solid testing mindset.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!