In a time when the travel industry is recovering, we have the opportunity to help drive this evolution by empowering our advertisers and users with innovative products and services. As part of this mission, we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Kotlin backend developer and that would like to work with a very modern, up-to-date tech stack.
We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic work environment. Our development atmosphere is laid-back and working times are flexible. Our teams are interdisciplinary and have ownership of both business and technical decisions, which allows you to truly have an impact in your role.
If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice! Curious to learn more? Then read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work on Kotlin microservices that form a reporting and analytics platform, which helps our advertisers make business decisions.
- Cooperate with a data engineering team for the final leg of data delivery.
- Leverage current technologies to develop, test, deploy, and monitor new services and APIs.
- Contribute to the growth of our team through learning and sharing new topics.
- Kotlin, Spring Boot, Gradle, gRPC.
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana.
- MySQL, Impala, Kafka, Apache Spark.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer with Kotlin or Java.
- Familiarity with the JVM ecosystem.
- Experience with version control and testing.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with building modern APIs for different clients and microservice-oriented architecture and design.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile concepts and methodologies.
- Comfortable in Unix/Linux environments.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Basic knowledge of frontend technologies.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of data processing at scale – designing, developing and continually improving tools.
- Knowledge of following tools: Kafka, MySQL, Spark, Elasticsearch.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!