Looking for a position where you’ll get the chance to contribute your own ideas, shape global processes and handle a wide range of legal affairs for a global company while working in a forward-thinking and ever-evolving work environment?
Join trivago as a Legal Counsel for Corporate and Securities and you’ll get to do just that!
- Advising the company on corporate governance matters, including compliance with listing standards.
- Drafting and reviewing public company disclosures, including annual reports and materials for the annual general meeting of shareholders.
- Providing legal support on the execution of capital markets and/or financing transactions.
- Negotiating a wide range of transactional documents, from NDAs to acquisition agreements and everything in between.
- Managing legal due diligence.
- Counseling the broader organization and business leaders on commercial and regulatory issues, including corporate matters, securities laws, and financial regulations.
- Counseling on special projects, including high value strategic partnerships and commercial transactions.
- Managing and interfacing with outside counsel, including managing a legal budget.
- 2. German State Exam in Law (completed with excellent results) or admission to practice in the United States (any state) from a top law school.
- Willingness to take on projects relating to a wide variety of corporate matters.
- Ability to manage projects independently and negotiate related agreements.
- Experience in M&A or capital markets.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience within an international law firm.
- An excellent understanding of commercial legal practices and a strong interest in how businesses operate.
- Motivation and a passion for law mixed with a pragmatic work style and eagerness to progress.
- Outstanding communication skills that allow you to interact with a wide variety of individuals and to convey legal facts clearly and simply.
- A hands-on mentality.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!