Are you are an intrinsically curious data scientist, looking for a position with the freedom to explore some really big data? As a globally recognized metasearch platform, trivago is a data-lovers dream come true.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to design, develop, deploy, test and maintain automated bidding systems for performance marketing. In this role, you’ll drive progress on optimising systems and be responsible for spending marketing budget to maximise incremental value. You’ll have the opportunity to make impactful changes by having a direct impact on trivago business metrics.
You’ll also collaborate with like-minded talents, using your own initiative and the latest technologies to build and innovate systems adopting to a rapidly changing travel environment.
If you’re looking for a job in an innovative and dynamic environment, where no two days are the same, then read on and apply!
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
In addition to the above you will also:
- Work in a team with fellow data analysts, scientists and engineers as well as directly with campaign managers in marketing.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts and Statisticians to set up tests and perform analyses proving incremental value of algorithm changes.
- Investigate new machine learning and querying techniques and technologies on our Hadoop cluster, educating others on the possible applications of these techniques.
What you’ll definitely need:
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or another quantitative discipline.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in the field of Data Science with a proven record of developing and implementing large scale algorithms.
- To be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of data science, mathematical modelling, analytics and statistics.
- Proficient knowledge of Machine Learning/Predictive Modelling.
- To dream in SQL and Python (or other similar languages) and be able to manipulate large amounts of data in your sleep.
- To communicate compelling data-driven stories to audiences regardless of their technical background.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with marketing measurement.
- Experience in A/B testing and test measurement.
- To be comfortable with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!