Are you a UX writer with experience in User Research looking for the opportunity to grow rapidly in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about usability, accessibility, and the power of the written word? Are you a multi-tasker ready to apply your knowledge to optimize copy for a global platform across many languages?
As a UX copywriter at trivago, you will work across teams to help millions of people have a great experience searching for an accommodation on trivago.
If you’re looking for a position with great growth potential that will challenge you not only as a writer but as a researcher, user, and designer, read on!
What you’ll do:
- Create UX copy for feature development, and test it for learnings and optimization.
- Work with User Researchers on copy for prototype usability testing, or identify copy areas to examine in testing.
- Work in close collaboration with the Translation & Localization team to align UX copy with internationalization best practices.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the tone & voice of the UX copy in trivago in close collaboration with communication, brand, marketing, and product.
- Create and evolve tools for UX writing and education such as the style guide and UX copy workshops.
- Advocate for and integrate accessibility best practices into UX copy created for trivago.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in UX writing (/content strategy/content design), preferably within digital product development.
- Experience in user testing and understanding of User Research methods.
- Native-level English skills.
- Excellent editorial and communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize, and solution-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with internationalization best practices.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with translation management.
- Background (academic or professional) in user research and testing.
- Fluency in a language that doesn’t belong to the Germanic or Romance language branches.
- Experience or passionate interest in the topic of accessibility in digital products/inclusive design.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!