Are you passionate about data-driven decision making and want to make a direct impact on the performance of a leading global hotel search company?
We’re looking for a Data Analyst with a strong understanding of statistical methodologies to support media teams by producing meaningful insights that drive decision-making in marketing. You’ll support the full cycle of an experiment from generating data-driven hypothesis to analysis and interpretation of results. Your dedicated test-and-learn approach and eagerness to share your knowledge with the team will be your key to success here.
Curious to learn more? Then read on and apply!
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with fellow data analysts, data scientists and engineers, as well as campaign managers in marketing.
- Analyze data on advertising exposure to identify the causal impact of trivago marketing.
- Help driving tests for measuring marketing performance of different channels and campaigns.
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches that could sharpen our marketing decision-making process.
- Perform strategic deep dives in order to spot trends, find anomalies and generate actions.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A university degree (bachelor or master) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or another quantitative discipline.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics and site experimentation.
- Great analytical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data and modelling.
- To communicate compelling data-driven stories to audiences regardless of their technical background.
- To dream in SQL and Python (or other similar languages) and be able to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Previous work experience in a role-relevant field such as Data Analysis, Business Analysis or related fields.
- To be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, passion for data, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with minimal supervision.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with marketing measurement.
- Experience with Causal Inferences and clustering.
- To be comfortable with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!