trivago is a global hotel search platform. We are focused on reshaping the way travellers search for and compare hotels.
trivago is currently working on the restart of the travel industry after the global COVID-19 pandemic and we see this as an opportunity to improve our core product and diversify our revenues by adding new revenue streams.
The Marketplace team develops different types of auctions and is responsible for the commercialization of our products. Advertisers compete in these auctions for exposure in trivago’s website (and mobile Apps) by submitting attractive property rates and competitive bids. As a Data Analyst in Marketplace you will be in charge of helping advertisers optimize their marketing campaigns on our platform, by supporting Account Managers in discovering improvement opportunities, analyzing data and presenting it to the advertisers.
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Support Account Managers in discovering issues/opportunities and formulate hypothesis.
- Perform analyses of our datasets to generate insights.
- Create visualisation (either one-offs for presentations or recurrent dashboards in Looker).
- Communicate and share insights.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in Consulting
- Experience working with SQL.
- Experience building visualization that can illustrate complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders, and ability to do so at the right level of detail.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with big data.
- Experience developing dashboards and producing data visualizations.
- Experience developing code in teams with version control (git).
- Leadership Experience – in this role there is the opportunity to become a team lead.
- Experience and knowledge in Python and R.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!