We’re looking for a product manager who is passionate about working with external content vendors and internally, in a cross-functional team of software engineers and data analysts / scientists to help build a best-of-breed data pipelines and collaborate with the wider Source Domain team members to ensure optimal results for our consumers.
trivago has strategically pivoted to emphasis on retaining our website user’s attention throughout their decision process. A key component in determining how effective our products are in achieving this is how successfully the Source domain delivers on our mission. The provision of content has never been more important to our product and now you have a chance to be a part of the extremely important Collection team, responsible for the sourcing, assessment and integration of all content sources across Images, POIs, Events, Accommodations, Reviews and all possible content types. The sources Collection selects for content and what we deliver for the products is a cornerstone of trivago and essential to retention of the high-quality standards we strive for as a company.
If you feel this is a role that fits your profile then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for defining the release plan and product roadmap for all Collection pipeline products. This role will require an agile approach to product management and execution and specifically in the area of identification of valuable content sources and data integration.
- Be the external representative and single point of contact to the stakeholders, consumers and data sources that are essential in ensuring the success of our mission. You will define / drive all team ceremonies, be responsible for communicating team progress to broader audiences across trivago and have a considerable hand in defining the team’s way of working.
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product, follow our competitors and the industry and keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in product management / project management / product ownership for backend services.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles.
- Leadership qualities that lend to the ability to bring software engineers, data analysts/scientists and business stakeholders to a shared understanding and direction.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and show great commitment and passion for what you do.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills.
- Flexibility to travel to our campus in Düsseldorf at least twice a week.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working in the travel sector.
- Comfortable with SQL; preferably in a distributed, big data environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform/AWS).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!