In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we’re constantly trying to adapt and make sure that we meet both our users’ evolving needs as well as stay at the forefront of industry developments in the travel e-commerce space. The Independent Hotels domain is at the center of this change and our mission is to enable hoteliers to run successful marketing campaigns on our meta search product, while leveraging their unique position in the industry.
We’re looking for an Experience Design Lead to join our domain’s leadership team in which you’ll have the long term opportunity to strategically analyze our B2B product landscape and define and explore possible UX opportunities.
In this role you’ll drive the UX decisions in a cross-functional team to ensure the voice of the user is equally considered beside our technical and business requirements: Ensuring usability, consistency, and continuity across our product. With your mentorship the UX team will make full use of their talents and grow in their capabilities. This role will have you working on diverse tasks with a direct business impact as we are about to redefine and relaunch our current product for a new target audience.
Curious to know more? Read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Be a partner to the product and tech lead and the designer in your team to solve user and business problems.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers in the discovery of opportunities and initiatives.
- Contribute hands-on in UX projects and be a role model of good design practices to maintain high UX quality, coherence, delight and technical performance.
- Develop and execute user research initiatives and use quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Host workshops with stakeholders to ideate, define and facilitate a shared understanding on the solutions. Use methods, such as rapid prototyping, to validate solutions before delivery.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years’ experience in Digital Product Design.
- Experience working with a team on a new opportunity; working with the team in the discovery phase to ideate and validate solutions before building it; successfully delivering the solution; and iterating on the solution.
- To have been part of several iterations with product teams and developers on a live product.
- A keen eye for people’s talents and know how to create a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere where people can thrive and be themselves.
- To be a great collaborator and UX partner for product and tech leads and key stakeholders.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Interaction Design, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
What we’d love you to have:
- First leadership or mentoring experience.
- Experience working in the tourism or hospitality sectors would be considered a plus.
- UX research experience in a digital product environment.
- Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!