At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to become our users’ companion to experience our world. But when you run operations for the world’s largest hotel search and you want to deliver a lot of new products to broaden and evolve our initial value proposition, it takes a lot of work to keep things running smoothly. When waves of technical problems come crashing down, and product teams are eager to deploy new features, we need a well organized and highly skilled team that can make sure that our ship stays on course.
Do you have a solid understanding of technology, the urge to make things run smooth at all times even on large scale and during peak time and be a great communicator and organizer? Great, then this job might be just what you are looking for, please keep reading to learn more !
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead a team of 5-8 SRE’s and cloud engineers.
- Define your team’s structure, vision, mission and strategy and be responsible for your team’s development, productivity and spirit.
- Drive the collaboration and alignment with product teams, other SRE teams, PO and different stakeholders to always provide the right level of support.
- Make sure the different parts of the team and the SRE teams are always well aligned.
- Define meaningful KPIs (SLO, Error budget, Business metrics, MTBF, MTTR).
- Foster knowledge sharing and drive consolidation of our infrastructure.
- Help to shape and define the technological excellence of our infrastructure with the other SRE teams. Stay updated about current trends in the industry.
- Develop a long-term roadmap for your team based on trivago’s overall tech strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mind set to drive for results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and can adapt their communication style to many different situations.
- Cognitive and structural thinking, with an ability to zoom-in and out of projects and to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Communicative, positive, service oriented and proactive mindset.
- Solid understanding of commonly used architectures, and technologies.
What makes you stand out (optional):
- Previous experience leading engineers.
- Experience working with agile product development teams.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!