Do you cherish the value of high-quality, interpretable data that enables accurate and just-in-time decision making? So do we! Our Master Data team is looking for a pro-active and strategic person to take ownership of a range of data products that inform key business decisions.
Our ideal candidate would be a product owner with an IT background, who can drive innovation and coordination and truly embody the spirit of “data as a product”. Collaborating with a team of data engineers, data analysis and quality assurance talents, you’ll drive the continuous improvement of our data pipelines, ensure the timeliness and quality of the data provided to stakeholders, as well as shape core metrics based on click outs, conversion and more.
Sound good? Then read on!
What you’ll do:
- Keep developing the team’s vision further.
- Create the roadmap for your data products: gather the requirements and prioritize them.
- Provide visibility to stakeholders into the team’s progress and impact on the timeline of delivery during development cycles.
- Hold important discussions with your stakeholders and win them over with your ideas.
- Facilitate stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review meetings and team retrospectives.
- Enable your products and the team to be successful.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Product Owner.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- The ability to “translate” the technical and business jargon and find new solutions for data processing challenges.
- SQL skills: You’re able to write and optimise queries executed in distributed systems.
- A highly analytical brain and strategic thinking abilities.
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum Methodologies.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in working for an eCommerce company.
- Experience with one other programming language in a data related context (e.g Python, Java).
- You can read and understand other people’s code.
- Basic knowledge of data engineering practices.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!