We’re looking for a passionate Consumer Insights Lead to bring the voice of the consumer into our product and marketing strategy and drive insight capability across all teams at trivago!
As a Consumer Insights Lead at trivago you will work in a fast-paced, agile and fun work environment. You’ll work hand in hand with a cross-functional team including Product Marketing and Brand Marketing, Strategy and Planning, Product and Marketplace teams.
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Translate data (consumers, market, brands) into actionable insights and forward-looking analyses.
- Provide in-depth analyses of user lifestyles and travel habits.
- Creating insightful reports that combine user data with desk research on various market and product trends and innovations.
- Active consulting of the marketing department in answering consumer-oriented questions for all elements of the marketing mix.
- Foster knowledge building, be the single point of contact for optimal integration and usage of market research data.
- Create best practices and standard processes for the ideal usage of consumer data and market research throughout the organization.
- Build up both global and local market insights.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years of quantitative and qualitative market research experience.
- Degree in business, social sciences, psychology or similar.
- Ability to analyse multiple data sets, to see the patterns behind the data, and understand what these patterns mean from a business standpoint.
- Knowledge of marketing and brand practices and how research fits into that world.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, curious, ability to think strategically, while keeping a strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear, concise way.
- Preferred but not essential: Both client and vendor-side experience, with good vendor relationships and diverse expertise around traditional and innovative methodologies.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!