We’re looking for a Bug Detective to join our team! Our Quality Assurance team ensures that our mobile applications can continue to evolve while maintaining reliability and quality as well as ensuring that new features are in the best possible shape before they go live.
The ideal candidate should be someone who’s highly motivated, detail-oriented and has a passion for shaping the quality and user experience of our native apps. You will be part of a team of 5 quality assurance engineers, split into our 2 platforms; Android and iOS. You will be responsible for making sure that new features are integrated fluidly into our apps, as well as taking care of the whole release process (pre- and post-release monitoring), with the help of various tools, i.e. Charles Proxy and internal analytical tools. You will help to expand and maintain our in-house built automation framework ( Cucumber/Appium/Java based project) by collaborating to improve our automation process and enhance our test suite.
Are you ready to make an impact? Then we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
How you´ll make an impact:
- Working as part of a highly agile, multidisciplinary team, you’ll be tasked with testing changes to our core products, which can range from user-facing frontend feature changes to entirely new complex backend infrastructure setups.
- Identify defects by using manual/exploratory, automated and regression testing, as well as by performing data analysis using business intelligence tools. It will then be up to you to determine when new changes are ready to be shipped to our users.
- When unforeseen problems arise, delays will be inevitable, so it’s essential that you keep all relevant stakeholders up to date on the status of the expected product changes.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and coordination skills so that any potential misunderstandings are avoided and you’re able to handle stakeholder expectations diplomatically.
- An impeccable eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest mistakes.
- Being open to change and relishing new challenges: adapting to new processes and structural changes as part of a highly-agile environment.
- Engagement and passion for manual testing.
- At least 1 year experience with manual testing and/or automation test case creation
- At least a basic understanding of web-based technologies e.g.: HTML, CSS, JS, JAVA, GIT and APIs (learning on the job is also provided and encouraged).
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
What makes you stand-out:
- Knowledge or hands-on experience in any testing and/or development tools such as Appium, Charles Proxy, ADB command line.
- Any previous experience working as a tester for native mobile apps would also be a plus.
- Experience in working in an agile-driven environment and familiarity with JIRA software.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!