At trivago we are in a unique position to shape the future of travel – the traveller’s mindset has changed and we’re using this opportunity to improve our product, diversify our revenues to adapt to these changes and disrupt our internal processes as we go.
Our aim is to improve innovation and vendor collaboration to improve our performance and user experience both for our customer and internal stakeholders.
We’re looking for a student with excellent communication and problem-solving skills to become an procurement and innovation expert, supporting the team in their effort. If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you!
What and how you’ll learn:
During your six months with us, you will be part of our procurement team as a working student while getting the opportunity and support to research, develop and write your Master Thesis with us.
- As part of your master’s thesis, you will apply your theoretical knowledge of innovation management to conceptualize our Vendor Innovation Platform as part of your Master’s thesis (in English language).
- While you work on your topic, you will:
- Learn how to funnel external innovation and convey complex ideas to external parties.
- Obtain insights into the day-to-day business of a procurement unit within a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Learn how procurement teams operate within an organisation and how the transformation from a cost-saving unit to a growth accelerator looks like as it happens.
- As part of your working student responsibilities, you will work together with your fellow procurement colleagues and internal stakeholders to turn an opportunity or even an issue into sustainable growth.
- You will support the team in their projects and daily work of vendor management, contract management and financial documentation.
What you’ll need:
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- To be eligible for a master’s thesis in the field of innovation and/or technology management.
- Willingness to communicate with internal stakeholders and externals (vendors) – both written and verbal
- Confidence: you won’t shy away from proactively overcoming issues or obtaining information important for building the Vendor Innovation Platform.
- A sociable personality that means you work well individually and in a team.
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we’d love you to have:
- Any previous innovation management experience.
- Good knowledge of Office and Dynamics or any other ERP tool.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!