Are you an intrinsically curious data scientist looking for a position with access to some really big data and the freedom to create your own models? As a globally recognized metasearch platform, trivago is a data-lovers dream come true.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to design, develop, deploy, test, and maintain predictive models in production. The insights of your models will be shared with our advertisers to help them to optimize their campaigns in our platform. Be ready to make an impact in a marketplace with hundreds of players!
If you’re looking for a job in an environment where no two days are the same, then read on!
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain models to predict the outcome of a dynamic real-time marketplace.
- Explore large datasets to identify new metrics and alternative strategies.
- Make use of your own initiative and the latest technologies to build and innovate systems adapting to a rapidly changing travel environment.
- Work in a team with fellow data analysts, scientists and developers as well as directly with advertiser account managers.
- Investigate new machine learning and querying techniques and technologies on our Hadoop cluster, educating others on the possible applications of these techniques.
- Have the freedom to propose and develop new products to support the campaigns of our advertisers.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 4 years’ hands-on experience in a Data Science-related field.
- An exceptional understanding of predictive analytics and experience working in either an academic or industry context.
- Proficiency programming in Python and relevant data manipulation packages in these languages (e.g. pandas).
- Experience working with SQL.
- A strong belief that high quality Data Science work can only be achieved by understanding the fundamentals, being meticulous, and paying attention to details.
- Motivation to continuously learn more about Data Science and adjacent fields (such as Mathematics, Software Development, Business Development), and to share those learnings with a team of equally motivated Data Scientists.
- Confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders, and ability to do so at the right level of detail.
What we’d love you to have:
- Initial experience working with big data, in particular Spark, Hive or Impala.
- Proficiency programming in R.
- Initial experience developing code in teams with version control (git).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!