trivago is a data-driven company. The quality of our decisions depends, among other factors, on the accuracy of the data that we process. The Source Collection team at trivago is in charge of key datasets that are used across the company. It builds systems that ingests and processes data from providers in order to provide content to different other teams in trivago. While we try to automate our processes as much as possible, there are still improvements to be made and new sources of data to be integrated.
We are looking for people that know the fundamentals of programming, like challenges and love learning by doing. If you are interested in software tools, like to work with data and have a technical mind, don’t hesitate to apply!
What you’ll do:
- Help to automate the extraction of data and extend the coverage of our tools.
- Analyze many different sources of information from different advertisers.
- Help the team to retrieve information either manually of by creating scripts to automate the process.
- Monitor that the systems are working properly and that the data retrieved is correct.
What and how you’ll learn:
- You’ll learn how a data driven company works internally and how decisions are made.
- You’ll get hands-on experience with advanced data processing systems.
- You’ll get to closely work with experienced developers, DevOps engineers and data scientists.
- You’ll also get experience in collaborating within a dynamic and international team.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Ability to make decisions in a data driven manner.
- Working knowledge of one programming language (no experience required).
What we’d love you to have:
- Familiarity with web technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with data analysis, preferably in Python.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!