Our Marketing Solutions team (MARS) is looking for a Product Owner to further drive the vision of our SEM Performance Marketing Tools mainly used to automate campaigns in the major market players (Google, Bing, Yahoo) and ensure the users’ needs are addressed by them.
As a PO, you’ll interface with our users from the Online Marketing teams, understand their needs and translate these needs into user stories or functionality descriptions, ensuring the development team has all required information about the “why” and, together with you, can take care of the “how”.
Our ideal candidate would be a Product Owner who is capable of not only listening and understanding the users, but is also open to challenging ideas, having their own ideas challenged and working together with the team and users to turn an initial concept into a high quality deliverable.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Own the product vision end to end and drive it.
- Plan quarterly development roadmaps.
- Ensure proper communication between users and development team.
- Take part in stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review meetings and team retrospectives.
- Support your users on day-to-day doubts about the product usage.
- Enable your products and the team to be successful.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience as a Product Owner.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- The ability to “translate” the business requirements into actionable items for the developers.
- SQL: you will need to sometimes look directly into the data and should be comfortable writing some queries and joining a few tables.
- Being capable of prioritizing requests coming from multiple sources according to their complexity and impact.
What makes you stand out (optional):
- Some knowledge into Marketing, especially Search Engine Marketing
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, bringing ideas to production.
- The ability to create low fidelity screen prototypes and organize information in a web application.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!