If you’re passionate about building user-centric products from the discovery and ideation stage to the final development, this role could be the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we’re constantly adapting to ensure that we meet both our users’ evolving needs and stay at the forefront of industry developments in the travel-tech space. The Independent Hotels domain is at the center of this change and our mission is to enable hoteliers to run successful marketing campaigns on our meta search product, while leveraging their unique position in the industry.
As UX Designer for this domain, you’ll work with a team of engineers and product managers to improve the experience of our B2B product landscape and ensure the voice of the user is equally considered beside our technical and business requirements. You’ll work on diverse tasks with a direct business impact as we are about to redefine and relaunch our current product for a new target audience.
Curious to know more? Read on!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Define evidence-based problem statements and success metrics.
- Host workshops with stakeholders to ideate, define and facilitate a shared understanding on the solutions.
- Use methods, such as prototyping, to validate solutions before delivery.
- Develop and execute user research initiatives and use quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Become an advocate for independent hotels and drive the UX decisions in a cross-functional team to ensure usability, consistency, and engagement across our products.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as sketches, prototypes, wireframes and UI Designs.
- Participate and deliver on the day to day production of design solutions.
- Work with, maintain and challenge our design system.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years’ experience in product discovery and design.
- Ability to design autonomously in an agile, fast-paced surrounding.
- To have been part of several iterations with product teams and developers on a live product.
- Excellent UX knowledge (Information Architecture, Usability, Prototyping, Design process, UX research, etc).
- Sharp UI skills. Expert knowledge of Sketch, Invision and every relevant design tool.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
What makes you stand out (optional):
- Experience in the tourism or hospitality sectors.
- Experience working on a new opportunity; working with the team in the discovery phase to ideate and validate solutions before building it; successfully delivering the solution; and iterating on the solution.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!