Are you looking for a position where you’ll get the chance to contribute your own ideas, shape global processes and handle a wide range of equity-related issues for a global company while working in a dynamic online environment?
Then this might be your chance as we’re looking for an Equity Compensation Specialist to join our vibrant and international team – either in Düsseldorf or remotely from Amsterdam.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the company’s equity program to ensure timely release, settlement and reporting of transactions.
- Review of reports, outputs, accounts, and coordination of plan activity to assure proper processing within required deadlines.
- Prepare all grant documentation for management approval and maintain up to date records.
- Coordinate with Payroll, Finance, Tax, Legal and HR for administration and assessing the financial impact of transactions.
- Design the development of employee education and reference materials and serve as the primary point of contact for employee inquiries regarding the equity plan.
- Implement and monitor processes, identifying areas for streamlining and increased efficiency.
- Potential to take on additional responsibility in the area of compensation and benefits, including the design, implementation and benchmarking of equity compensation programs.
The responsibilities listed above are a sampling of the projects you would help to support and lead. You’ll have a real opportunity to create and to design strategy as well as leading delivery to help differentiate the function at trivago.
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar field.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of equity compensation (options, etc.) and share settlement mechanics.
- Must be a self-starter who’s willing to work independently.
- Excellent attention to detail with an auditor/proof-reader mentality towards data integrity.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to respect highly confidential information.
What makes you stand out (optional):
- Experience working with equity compensation, including processing of option exercises and grant preparation.
- Familiarity with tax concepts and issues related to stock plan programs and a globally mobile workforce.
- Experience with the Shareworks equity compensation management tool.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!