Our Accounts Receivable team is looking for a student who knows the fundamentals of accounting, are analytical thinkers and have a good eye to detail to join us!
As a publicly-listed company on Nasdaq, keeping accurate and fully informed financial records is key to driving our business forward. Our Accounts Receivable team ensures that clients are properly billed, and payments are collected timely. Your support in this role will contribute to our team’s success and help you gain hands-on experience in accounts receivable and more.
If you’re eager to learn in a multinational environment and enjoy collaborating with people, we’d love to hear from you!
Get an inside peek at accounting at trivago:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Dive into accounting journal entries and take over bank payments and refunds.
- Navigate through our internal tools to update and maintain debtors’ master data.
- Monitor the real-time budget for prepayment accounts.
- Perform age analysis and communicate payment reminders or balance discrepancies.
- Be the contact point between our sales team and finance.
- Support the team during month closing process and assist in general financial management and analysis.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn about the different revenue streams of an online metasearch company.
- Get hands-on experience with accounts receivable daily tasks and processes.
- Work closely with experienced accountants and sales account managers.
- Gain experience in collaborating within a dynamic and international team.
What we’re looking for:
- Understanding of basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping.
- Student enrolled at a university near Düsseldorf, Cologne and Bonn area and with short commuting times.
- Available to work 20h/week with at least two days on campus due to our hybrid model.
- Microsoft Office Knowledge – especially use of Excel as you will work with Tables, Pivot, vlookups and formatting on a daily basis.
- Have a keen eye for detail, to be able to spot inconsistencies in accounts and communicate with our stakeholders in precision.
What makes you stand out:
- Familiarity with ERP systems.
- Accounts Receivable experience.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have a relevant background and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!