trivago Express Booking allows users to pay for their hotel or apartment on trivago directly. It is a free, fully responsive booking funnel designed to optimize the payment experience for trivago users across all devices, and therefore increase booking conversion.
To unleash this powerful product we’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who will completely retool our release pipelines with the objective to drive the product forward. We are about to move our business critical applications from our internal cloud solution based on Nomad to the Google Cloud Platform, and that’s why we need you.
Can we count you in?
How you’ll make an impact:
- Optimize our existing CI/CD pipeline in preparation for the move to GCP.
- Plan, lead and coordinate the transition in a smooth and coordinated fashion.
- Take responsibility of the long term infrastructure and pipeline choices.
- Implement and maintain new monitoring solutions for hardware as well as software services.
- Maintain and develop our custom tooling to improve trivago release workflows.
- Maintain a deployment cycle for various applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Maintain our Jenkins installation.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices.
Our technology stack:
- PHP 7
- Symfony / Twig
- Redis / MySQL
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience in managing projects that include transition to a new pipeline setup as well as optimization and pipeline maintenance.
- The ability to write code in one of: Python or PHP or Golang
- Significant experience with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes or Docker.
- Significant experience with agile software development.
- Significant experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Significant experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with 1 or more: Make, HashiCorp stack (Nomad, Consul, Vault), PHP, git, Linux and FreeBSD, ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Saltstack, Kafka.
- 2-4 years experience working in high scale environments.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!