Are you a senior UX designer with exquisite taste for building user-centric products? Do you want to evolve a product that is used by millions of people worldwide?
In this role, you’ll work with a team of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers to improve the experience of our core product. You’ll design for cross-channel user journeys, and contribute to evolve the user experience of trivago’s hotel search product.
If you’re looking for a highly impactful position in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same, read on.
Find out more about the job from Marco, our Head of Design:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Define evidence-based problem statements and success metrics. Facilitate workshops with stakeholders to ideate, define and facilitate a shared understanding on the solutions. Use methods, such as prototyping, to validate solutions before delivery.
- Solve complex interaction problems and define the user experience of new features from initial ideas to production-ready designs.
- Be the voice of the user and drive the UX decisions in a cross-functional team to ensure usability, consistency, and continuity across our product.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as sketches, prototypes, wireframes and UI Designs. Iterate, see users fail to understand your concepts, and learn from it.
- Make use of user research and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Participate and deliver on the day-to-day production of design solutions.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in product discovery and design.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Interaction Design, HCI, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team with other designers, researchers, PM and Devs.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work: Clearly showing the problems you worked on, the process to solve the problems and the impact made.
- Excellent UX knowledge (Information Architecture, Usability, Prototyping, Design process, UX research, etc).
- Sharp UI skills. Good knowledge of Sketch, Abstract, Invision and every relevant design tool.
- Able to design autonomously in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast paced surroundings.
What makes you stand out:
- Worked in-house for a company with a great UX culture.
- Experience working with a team on a new opportunity; working with the team in the discovery phase to ideate and validate solutions before building it; successfully delivering the solution; and iterating on the solution.
- Experience working in the tourism or hospitality sectors would be considered a plus.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!