We’re looking for an App Lead to own the strategy and execution of the trivago app, with the ambition to become our users’ companion to experience our world.
In this role, you’ll lead the product managers and app engineering lead directly, overlooking about 25 talents overall. You’ll also act as the direct counterpart of our brand strategy team in order to create a cohesive and trustworthy experience across all touchpoints.
Your mission, if you choose to accept, will be to leverage app specific assets to drive repeat of use and brand preference in the travel space.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build the app’s product strategy by defining strategic KPIs and owning the product’s roadmap.
- Lead execution on the app’s strategy by managing product and engineering teams: Ensure clarity on objectives, iterate on workflows and create visibility on progress on pre-defined KPIs.
- Jointly manage the app’s P&L with our Customer Engagement marketing team: scale the app’s acquisition channels and grow long-term returns on user acquisition.
- Define your team’s structure, vision, mission and strategy and be responsible for your team’s development, productivity and spirit.
- Position the trivago brand and sharpen its profile through product developement – becoming a meaningful, distinct and trusted brand to sustainably attract new and existing users.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in a product role for a consumer app.
- 3+ years experience in leading diverse individuals (ideally of product managers).
- Solid understanding of a consumer app ecosystem, e.g. development challenges, app usage analytics.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive for results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills as well as high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience in a marketing role: understanding of brand strategy and/or app acquisition channels.
- Experience in leading engineers.
- Previous experience in e-commerce or travel related companies/products.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!