Are you a skilled engineer, interested in actively shaping the technical future of a globally recognized online hotel search?
Your challenge: help our development teams to move fast! We need to build tooling that enables them to have reliable production systems with automated deployment and feedback mechanisms. This position is crucial for the success of our user-facing applications.
If you’re a passionate, ambitious and intrinsically motivated engineer, read on, and apply today!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Find the right balance between a reliable platform and the fast development our user facing products (web applications, GraphQL API).
- Provide the infrastructure for fast performing web-applications and APIs.
- Be part of our fully paid “on-call” rotation.
- Help our product teams quickly adopt new tools and deliver new products.
What we’re looking for:
- A DevOps mindset and eagerness to learn new things.
- Willingness to learn and work with Kubernetes and GCP cloud both as an admin and user.
- Experience building CI and CD pipelines and accommodate developers and QA needs.
Our tech stack:
- Kubernetes / Istio / ArgoCD / Docker
- Prometheus / Grafana / Honeycomb
- GitHub / GitHub Actions / Jenkins
- Google Cloud
- Kafka / Redis / MySQL
- NodeJs / GraphQL
- React / Webpack
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in high scale environment.
- Experience with: Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, Jenkins, Make, HashiCorp stack (Nomad, Consul, Vault), PHP, advanced git, Linux and FreeBSD, ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Saltstack, Kafka.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!