As a Java Engineer in our Connectivity Unit, you will shape the future of trivago and help millions of travellers to find their ideal hotel and the best prices. To make this happen, we in the Connectivity Price team build and maintain a highly available and scalable system which handles and supplies billions of prices every day.
Join us on our mission and work closely together with developers, site reliability engineers, quality assurance engineers and others to ensure that our systems consistently deliver all relevant data and contribute to the ideal user experience.
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Drive ideas that bring trivago’s value proposition forward.
- Design and build existing and new applications.
- Conduct code reviews that would ensure our tech remains at the state of the art.
- Consistently improve our processes around development, deployment and disaster recovery.
- Deploy to production within your first week.
Our Tech Stack:
- Java (16 and higher) & Kotlin
- Spring Boot
- Google Cloud
- gRPC, Kafka, RocksDB
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Relevant experience and knowledge using Java, Kotlin or similar JVM related languages.
- Experience in adding metrics at the right spots for effective alerting and monitoring.
- Someone who knows the value and importance of not falling behind on one’s own quality standards.
- A love of learning new things to constantly improve your work and yourself.
- Someone who is not afraid to challenge requirements and ideas and you provide valuable feedback to improve them.
What makes you stand out:
- You like to move fast without loosing focus for quality.
- You have worked in a DevOps environment and you possess a “I build it, I run it” mindset.
- You have worked with distributed systems and data heavy applications.
- You would be up for participating in the knowledge sharing in our guilds.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!